How to manually create a new section in the Event Viewer

Jorge Luzarraga Castro

Helloo,

I´ve got a ASP .Net application which writes to the event viewer whenever it
finds a error. This appl needs to create a new section in the event viewer
the first time it encounters any error. For doing so it needs Administrator
privileges to create that section, so far everythings is working ok. The
issue raises because the guys from security do not accept this situation. Is
there any way to manually create that section in the event viewer? so I
could take out the creation task from my appl and take for granted that it
exists so I only write to it.

prabhupr

Why not write a small tool (coce that you already wrote) that will do
the required entry in the EventLog. Once the tool is ready, ask the
Build Implemented (Support Personnel) to execute that tool as part of
"Build Install".