how to max window for JRE installation?

Geoff Cox

Hello,

JRE (Java 1) is installed as part of a Java program installation using
InstallShield.

Some people find that the JRE installation window is behind another
window and fail to see the smaller JRE window which has a next button
on it and so fail to continue with the JRE installation.

This does not happen on my PC - any ideas why get this different
behaviour?

Is it possible to always have the JRE window on the top of all open
windows?

I have a custom action in InstallShield which runs the
jre-1_1_8_009-win.exe file. Can I add a parameter to force the window
on top of all open windows?

Thanks

Geoff

Chris Uppal

Geoff said:
I have a custom action in InstallShield which runs the
jre-1_1_8_009-win.exe file. Can I add a parameter to force the window
on top of all open windows?

[no other answers yet, so I'll venture a speculation]

I don't really know, but I rather doubt it. The way Windows works when windows
want themselves to be at the front (without the users' cooperation) has changed
over the last few years, and while it may be possible to code around that, I
can't see why a very old installer should include that code.

-- chris

Geoff Cox

Geoff said:
I have a custom action in InstallShield which runs the
jre-1_1_8_009-win.exe file. Can I add a parameter to force the window
on top of all open windows?

[no other answers yet, so I'll venture a speculation]

I don't really know, but I rather doubt it. The way Windows works when windows
want themselves to be at the front (without the users' cooperation) has changed
over the last few years, and while it may be possible to code around that, I
can't see why a very old installer should include that code.

Thanks Chris!

Geoff