How to maximize or revert a java jframe after I has minimized it?

JTL.zheng

In windwos, after I click the minimize button on the jframe, it will
disappear and go into the task bar.
how can I make it automaticly revert or maximize to show up after 5
seconds.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jeff Higgins

JTL.zheng wrote
Thank you.. It works.. : )

I'm happy you found your answer.
Just out of curiosity, why you need this functionality?
I think I would be troubled if I minimised a JFrame
and five seconds later it sprouted anew without
instruction from me.
Thanks,
Jeff Higgins

JTL.zheng

JTL.zheng wrote

I'm happy you found your answer.
Just out of curiosity, why you need this functionality?
I think I would be troubled if I minimised a JFrame
and five seconds later it sprouted anew without
instruction from me.
Thanks,
Jeff Higgins

actually it pops up every half a hour
it is designed to notice me to take a rest after sitting in front of
the computer every 30 minutes.
it is finished now. if you are interesting I can send it to you

Jeff Higgins

JTL.zheng wrote
actually it pops up every half a hour
it is designed to notice me to take a rest after sitting in front of
the computer every 30 minutes.

Actually that's kinda neat.
it is finished now. if you are interesting I can send it to you

No, but thanks. Sounds like a simple project that I'd like to
attempt to implement myself. Maybe I'll try to make
it display some random quotation or photo or puzzle,
or tip o'day or some such.
Thanks,
JH

JTL.zheng

JTL.zheng wrote

Actually that's kinda neat.

No, but thanks. Sounds like a simple project that I'd like to
attempt to implement myself. Maybe I'll try to make
it display some random quotation or photo or puzzle,
or tip o'day or some such.
Thanks,
JH

and later I have tried the JDK1.6, it can minimize my app into the
system tray so I will not see it when it is counting the time.
: )

Jeff Higgins

Maybe I'll try to make
and later I have tried the JDK1.6, it can minimize my app into the
system tray so I will not see it when it is counting the time.
: )

Ah, a great tip o'day for my collection, thanks. :)