    I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.
    Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?
    "." "_" "O " "x"

    Austin, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Austin

    Steve Holden Guest

    Austin wrote:
    > I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
    > In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
    > "_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
    > I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.
    > Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?
    > "." "_" "O " "x"

    These features of window behavior are normally handled by the Windows or
    X Window window manager code. Though you can reach behind the interface
    and change them, it might be easier simply to have a "Migrate to System
    Tray" button inside your system's GUI. This could toggle to "Normal
    Iconisation" when the window only appeared int he system tray.

    Or, you could do what the Windows Task Manager does, and provide both a
    standard icon *and* a system tray icon.

    Noticed you seem to be pretty new to c.l.py, so while I have your
    attention: welcome aboard!

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Apr 12, 2005

  3. "Austin" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    |I wrote a GUI program with wxPython.
    | In the window, there are 3 attributes on left top.
    | "_" could let the program to minimize to tool bar.
    | I want to let the program minimized to the system tray.

    You can take look at "Main.py" in the wx Demo.

    Look for "class DemoTaskBarIcon(wx.TaskBarIcon)" and how it is
    used in the "wxPythonDemo" class.

    | Is there any way to let the window have 4 attributes?

    Not that I know of.

    HTH,
    --

    Vincent Wehren