    it could possibly be done with a DOS command (using os.system()).

    Thank you for any information you may have.

    , Feb 26, 2006

  3. On 25 Feb 2006 18:06:15 -0800, rumours say that might
    have written:

    >Hello,

    <snip>

    >I do not know how to mount or unmount drives on Windows. I think that
    >it could possibly be done with a DOS command (using os.system()).

    mountvol is the command you want. I know it's in winxp, I think it was in
    win2k too.

    Check the Windows Help for its usage.

    PS another command that is most useful is netsh, especially for laptops.
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
    "Dear Paul,

    Christos Georgiou, Mar 4, 2006

    thank you!
    devcon was a little more than I needed, and I couldn't get it to work
    for how I wanted to use it. I will try mountvol. If it has an argument
    to unmount a volume as well, then it will fit the bill perfectly.

    , Mar 17, 2006