How to move a project to a new development machine/server?

Terry Olsen

I'm having a problem with something I've never tried before. I have
developed a WebApp on my home computer. Now I want to move it to the
development computer at work. I copied the whole project directory from
the home computer to the work computer. When I try to open the project
on the work computer, I get a message saying that it can't locate the
home computer.

I tried going into the solution file with notepad and changing the url
contained there to the work computer. Now it loads and compiles fine
but I get the following error in Internet Explorer:

to service this request. Please review the following specific parse
error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'BelgWeb.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb"
Inherits="BelgWeb.Global" %>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\BelgWeb\global.asax Line: 1