    We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
    I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
    scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

    SC, Feb 6, 2008

  2. SC

    Ron Bergin Guest

    On Feb 5, 8:15 pm, SC <> wrote:
    > We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
    > I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
    > scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

    Install Perl on the other PC. If you install Activestate Perl and
    accept the defaults during the install, it will create the file
    associations and set the path environment.
    http://activestate.com/store/productdetail.aspx?prdGuid=81fbce82-6bd5-49bc-a915-08d58c2648ca

    Ron Bergin, Feb 6, 2008

  3. SC <> wrote in news::

    > We have a PC/Windows XP running some Perl scripts for daily routine.
    > I'd like to copy them to another PC/ windows xp, for running same perl
    > scripts. What should I do to the new PC set a path or ??

    Install PAR::packer using ppm.

    perldoc pp gives you the documentation for pp, the packager script.
    There is also gpp but I have not tried it:

    http://search.cpan.org/src/SMUELLER/PAR-Packer-0.977/contrib/gui_pp/gpp_readme.txt

    This will allow you to pack the script along with all libraries and
    other runtime files and create an .exe that can be run on another
    Windows computer without installing Perl or dependencies on that
    computer.

    Sinan

    PS: Apparently, both bribes and uwinnipeg ppm repositories have
    more recent versions of PAR than ActiveState.

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>
    clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc.shtml>

    A. Sinan Unur, Feb 6, 2008