How to move session database connection string to Registry?

Jason

Does anyone know how to move session database connection string from
web.config to Registry in .NET 2.0? I know there is a way to do that in 1.1.
But I don't know how to do that in 2.0. Thanks.

Jason

Thanks for your quick response. That is what I did for my asp.net 1.1
applications. But it only applies to 1.1 as indicated in the bottom of the
post. Do you know how to do something similar in 2.0?

Mark Rae

Thanks for your quick response. That is what I did for my asp.net 1.1
applications. But it only applies to 1.1 as indicated in the bottom of the
post. Do you know how to do something similar in 2.0?

Apologies - didn't read your post closely enough...

Here's a way to use the Registry in ASP.NET 2.0:
http://choosing-a-blog-url-sucks.blogspot.com/2006/04/howto-use-aspnetsetreg-utility-to.html

However, it't not actually necessary in ASP.NET 2.0, as you can encrypt
individual parts of web.config: