    Does anyone know how to move session database connection string from
    web.config to Registry in .NET 2.0? I know there is a way to do that in 1.1.
    But I don't know how to do that in 2.0. Thanks.
    Jason, May 17, 2007

  2. Jason

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Does anyone know how to move session database connection string from
    > web.config to Registry in .NET 2.0? I know there is a way to do that in
    > 1.1. But I don't know how to do that in 2.0. Thanks.

    Do you mean this:?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329290

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 17, 2007

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Thanks for your quick response. That is what I did for my asp.net 1.1
    applications. But it only applies to 1.1 as indicated in the bottom of the
    post. Do you know how to do something similar in 2.0?

    Jason, May 17, 2007
  4. Jason

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Jason" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for your quick response. That is what I did for my asp.net 1.1
    > applications. But it only applies to 1.1 as indicated in the bottom of the
    > post. Do you know how to do something similar in 2.0?

    Apologies - didn't read your post closely enough...

    Here's a way to use the Registry in ASP.NET 2.0:
    http://choosing-a-blog-url-sucks.blogspot.com/2006/04/howto-use-aspnetsetreg-utility-to.html

    However, it't not actually necessary in ASP.NET 2.0, as you can encrypt
    individual parts of web.config:

    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 17, 2007