    If u have came across any modules to be used in cpan for this, let me
    know that.

    Ashok
    Ashok, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Ashok wrote:
    > I have been woring in perl for past 6 months. I need to open a IE
    > browser using perl scripts, and all the time when I run the script,
    > the browser shuld auto refresh. Can anyone help me how to open a
    > browser

    Simple. Exactly the same way as you would call any other external program:
    - system()
    - backticks
    - qx()
    - exec()
    - ...

    and how to make it auto refresh ?

    To my knowlegde there is no command line parameter or env var or other
    option to force IE to auto refresh. It all depends on the document that you
    load.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Ashok

    John Bokma Guest

    "Ashok" <> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I have been woring in perl for past 6 months. I need to open a IE
    > browser using perl scripts, and all the time when I run the script, the
    > browser shuld auto refresh. Can anyone help me how to open a browser
    > and how to make it auto refresh ?
    > If u have came across any modules to be used in cpan for this, let me
    > know that.

    Maybe better to explain what you want to do, and why you want to refresh.
    Sounds like a bot for ad fraud to me, but I love to be wrong on this.

    If you need to refresh a page often to kick something into action (for
    example a CGI script if you have no crontab access), you can do this from
    Perl directly without a problem.

    John Bokma, Nov 8, 2006
  4. Ashok

    Dave Guest

    "Ashok" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have been woring in perl for past 6 months. I need to open a IE
    > browser using perl scripts, and all the time when I run the script, the
    > browser shuld auto refresh. Can anyone help me how to open a browser
    > and how to make it auto refresh ?
    > If u have came across any modules to be used in cpan for this, let me
    > know that.
    >

    > Ashok

    Sounds like you need to use Win32::OLE to access the IE automation
    interface.
    Dave, Nov 8, 2006