    uploaded to a remote machine and how a file can opened for reading
    from a remote machine
    It would be higly useful for me
    bharath, Dec 13, 2004

  2. bharath wrote:
    > I would like to know if there are provisions in java to open a file
    > uploaded to a remote machine and how a file can opened for reading
    > from a remote machine

    That depends entirely on the remote machine, or rather on the protocol
    you want to / can use for uploading and reading the file. SMB? HTTP?
    FTP? NFS?
    Michael Borgwardt, Dec 13, 2004

  3. bharath

    Guest

    Re: how to open a file from on a remote machine in java

    This package may help. www.fishcroft.ca, Java Remote File Access

    Robert

    bharath wrote:
    > I would like to know if there are provisions in java to open a file
    > uploaded to a remote machine and how a file can opened for reading
    > from a remote machine
    > It would be higly useful for me
    , Dec 15, 2004
  4. On 13-12-2004 09:48, bharath wrote:
    > I would like to know if there are provisions in java to open a file
    > uploaded to a remote machine and how a file can opened for reading
    > from a remote machine
    > It would be higly useful for me

    On Windows you can simply open a remote file by specifying the full
    pathname, e.g. \\Hostname\remote path\filename.ext.
    Paul.
    Paul van Rossem, Dec 15, 2004