How to open a JPanel similar to a JDialog

etantonio

Good Morning,
I'm creating a gui, from the menuBar I've a menuitem that I need that
opens a new panel,
not just a dialog panel because in this panel I've to insert some
calibration values for my program,
while a Jdialog can just insert a value
..
How I can open this new panel really similar to a jdialog but
different in the number of parameters that I could change.
Thanks

Antonio
www.etantonio.it/en

Andrew Thompson

I'm creating a gui, from the menuBar I've a menuitem that I need that
opens a new panel,
not just a dialog panel because in this panel I've to insert some
calibration values for my program,
while a Jdialog can just insert a value
.

Well, if by that, you mean JMenuBar, JMenuItem, JPanel,
and JDialog (I am not familiar with those other classes),
then a JPanel displayed in a JDialog (or JOptionPane) can
'return' exactly as many GUI controls as it was displayed
with. Those (editable) GUI controls can be checked for
their state on closing, and the GUI adjusted accordingly.
How I can open this new panel really similar to a jdialog but
different in the number of parameters that I could change.

Add the Components to the JPanel, then query them after the
JDialog is dismissed (is one way).