How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

Net

Hi,

In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

iframe.html
-----------
<iframe name="ShowSite"
src="site.html"
width="500"
height="300">

site.html
--------

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Net said:
Hi,

In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

What do you mean by "it also shows a link"?

David Dorward

Net said:
<iframe name="ShowSite"
src="site.html"
width="500"
height="300">

That markup is invalid. Try running your pages through basic syntactic
testing before wondering why something doesn't work.

http;//validator.w3.org/

You should also note that displaying third party websites in an iframe can
get you into legal hot water.

Guest

I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to do but based on my
understanding:

an iFrame should work. But your code has the iframe pointing to your
own page (site.html) which contains a link (and will therefore display
it). So why not just point your iframe directly to the page?

<iframe name="ShowSite"
src="http://www.site.com/"
width="500"
height="300">

Net

Hi,

Thanks alot I was looking for that syntax.

Right now that site shows in a box outline. Is there a way to make
that outline invisible.

Thank in advance,