How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Net, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Net

    Net Guest

    Hi,

    In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
    I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
    example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

    iframe.html
    -----------
    <iframe name="ShowSite"
    src="site.html"
    width="500"
    height="300">

    site.html
    --------

    Thanks in advance,

    Net, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Net

    Lee Guest

    Net said:

    >Hi,
    >
    >In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
    >I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
    >example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

    What do you mean by "it also shows a link"?

    Lee, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Net wrote:

    > <iframe name="ShowSite"
    > src="site.html"
    > width="500"
    > height="300">

    That markup is invalid. Try running your pages through basic syntactic
    testing before wondering why something doesn't work.

    http;//validator.w3.org/

    You should also note that displaying third party websites in an iframe can
    get you into legal hot water.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Net

    Guest

    Re: How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

    I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to do but based on my
    understanding:

    an iFrame should work. But your code has the iframe pointing to your
    own page (site.html) which contains a link (and will therefore display
    it). So why not just point your iframe directly to the page?

    <iframe name="ShowSite"
    src="http://www.site.com/"
    width="500"
    height="300">

    , Feb 9, 2005
  5. Net

    Net Guest

    Re: How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

    Hi,

    Thanks alot I was looking for that syntax.

    Right now that site shows in a box outline. Is there a way to make
    that outline invisible.

    Thank in advance,

    Net, Feb 9, 2005