how to open a word document saved in sql server in asp.net

jefftim

Hi All

I've saved a word document in sql server database.I'm able to retrieve
it from the database and open it in a word application.
My problem is I'm able to open it in server/client machines if the
operating system is win2000 but when i'm opening it in windows(XP/2003)
it is saying that document not found.

please try to solve my problem asap.

Jeff

Winista

Are you trying to open it directly from download dialog box or first save
the document on local disk and then open it?
Is your web application SSL enabled?

jefftim

Hi

I'm trying to open it directly from download dialog box but its not
opening and throwing an error as document not found.i'm able to save
the document. this is happening with win2k3 and winxp. but with win2k
i'm able to open it directly from download dialog box.
the application is not ssl enabled but my system is windows firewalled.
please try to find me a solution asap.

jeff