How to open an RTF file using ASP .NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Amintas, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Amintas

    Amintas Guest

    Hi everybody,

    I am unsuccessfully trying to open an RFT file using
    ASP .NET 2003.
    The data stored in the database is like this:
    {\rtf1\ansi\deff0\deftab720{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss MS Sans
    Serif;}{\f1\froman\fcharset2 Symbol;}{\f2\fswiss Arial;}}
    {\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;} \deflang1046\pard\plain\f2
    \fs24 \par \par \par ....
    The problem is that when I try to show it on a TextBox
    control, I still see the text codes instead of the
    formated text.
    I also unsuccessfully tried using a third part
    component called Telerik r.a.d. version 2.5.4. editor.
    If I open the text on WordPad and paste it into the
    r.a.d. editor container, it works fine.
    However, I need to show a well formated text coming
    directly from the database without any user action.
    Does anybody know a way to do it using ASP .NET or even
    a third part component ?

    Thank you in advance,

    Amintas
    Amintas, Dec 29, 2003