  1. Does anyone know how to open and excel spreadsheet on the server and make
    changes to it and then re-save it? I am trying to do this from an asp.net
    web page using OWC11. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuZW0=?=, Jun 13, 2006

  2. "lanem" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Does anyone know how to open and excel spreadsheet on the server and make
    > changes to it and then re-save it? I am trying to do this from an asp.net
    > web page using OWC11. Thanks.'

    OWC (office web components) are made to manipulate the web out-of office,
    not the other way around.

    THe best way might be to manipulate the office documents by saving it as XML
    conform, but anyway, there have not been positive reports about that.

    Shortly, MS does not recommend to operate on Word/excel which are UI
    applications, while ASP/ASPX operates as a UI-less server. It is not
    designed to do such task and office was neither.

    Success
    Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\), Jun 13, 2006

  3. You can use Excel as an ADO.NET data source as detailed here:
    http://www.dotnetspider.com/technology/kbpages/1080.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP