How to open and modify excel spreadsheet on the server?

Guest

Does anyone know how to open and excel spreadsheet on the server and make
changes to it and then re-save it? I am trying to do this from an asp.net
web page using OWC11. Thanks.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

lanem said:
Does anyone know how to open and excel spreadsheet on the server and make
changes to it and then re-save it? I am trying to do this from an asp.net
web page using OWC11. Thanks.'

OWC (office web components) are made to manipulate the web out-of office,
not the other way around.

THe best way might be to manipulate the office documents by saving it as XML
conform, but anyway, there have not been positive reports about that.

Shortly, MS does not recommend to operate on Word/excel which are UI
applications, while ASP/ASPX operates as a UI-less server. It is not
designed to do such task and office was neither.

Success