How to open menu item link in new window

Homer

Hi,

Is there a way to open a link on a Menu control in a new Window? In
my Intranet site, I have pages where my users use to do their work and
I also have links to outside resources. When the user clicks on one
of the links from the Menu, I want to open them in new windows instead
of the existing one. By doing that, the user can carry on their work
with the various pages and use outside resources as reference.

<siteMapNode title="Outside References" >
<siteMapNode url="http://www.yahoo.com"
title="Yahoo" />
<siteMapNode url="http://www.cnn.com/"
title="CNN" />

Somebody suggested to do this:

instead of href="http://www.google.com" you could put
href="javascript:window.open(.....);"

How does that suggestion work in the context of having to enclose it
within <siteMapNode url=""...?

Does anyone know how to implement it? Can somebody please help me.

Harshal Pachpande

Try following

<siteMapNode title="Training"
url="javascript:GoTo('http://www.yahoo.com');"/>

where GoTo() is defined as follows:

function GoTo(url)
{
window.open(url);

// Cancel the event bubbling. *This code is browser dependent.*
}

- Harshal

Homer

Try following

<siteMapNode title="Training"
url="javascript:GoTo('http://www.yahoo.com');"/>

where GoTo() is defined as follows:

function GoTo(url)
{
window.open(url);

// Cancel the event bubbling. *This code is browser dependent.*
}

- Harshal

Hi Harshal,

Your suggestion works. Thank you very much.

--Jon