How to optionally use classes that may or may not be installed ?

Sam Iam

I have a J2ME midlet where I want to optionally use Sprint classes if
they're installed.

If I use this snippet below & run on non-Sprint phones then it just
exits suddenly.

How do I test for & use optional classes that may or may not be
installed on the client ?

thanks,

- Sam.

import com.sprintpcs.util.Muglet;

boolean bMuglet = false;

try {
Muglet MugletInstance = Muglet.getMuglet();

if (MugletInstance != null) {

bMuglet = true;

this.strURL = MugletInstance.getReferringURI();
this.strParams = MugletInstance.getURI();
}
} catch (Exception e) {
System.err.println(e.toString());