How to output to a buffer and send to client?

yezi

Hi:

I am coding a client and server program in C. My task is receive the
command from the client and output the system call in server side and
output to client side.

Say client ----> "date" -----> to server
server execution "date" and put the output to client side and result
showed in client.

My question is if the command is "ls -al" then the result is very bid,
how can transport whole the result to client side?

Thanks for any comments

Nick Keighley

yezi said:
I am coding a client and server program in C. My task is receive the
command from the client and output the system call in server side and
output to client side.

the news group comp.lang.c only deals with the standard C language.
Standard C does not know anything about "clients" or "servers",
I think you need to repost your question to a Unix news group.

<snip>