    thing in the distutils docs.

    Thx,

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Sep 5, 2003

  2. On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:35:39 -0500,
    Skip Montanaro <> wrote:
    > I would like to override the distutils install class. It doesn't look like
    > it was designed for that. Do I have to import distutils.command and

    Supply a cmd_class argument to setup(), like this:

    setup(name = ...,
    cmdclass = {'build_py': qx_build_py},
    )

    qx_build_py is a Command subclass that will be used in place of the default
    build_py target.

    --amk
    A.M. Kuchling, Sep 5, 2003

  3. amk> Supply a cmd_class argument to setup(), like this:

    amk> setup(name = ...,
    amk> cmdclass = {'build_py': qx_build_py},
    amk> )

    Much appreciated. I'll see if there's something missing in the docs or if
    I just missed what is already there.

    Skip Montanaro, Sep 5, 2003