How to pack a big amount of information on the query string?

craigkenisston

I need to send a big amount of data to one server in the query string.
It is like 3kb of text information, in ascii code with linefeeds and
carriage returns.
I noticed that using winzip I can get the file 1kb long. I'm not sure
if there are zip utilities for C#/Asp.Net, but I guess there are and
I'm counting on this.
Now, which methods do I have available to send the zipped file on the
query string ? I was thinking of converting the binary file to
hexadecimals, I've done this truck in the past for storing binary data
in string fields in database and seems to work. But for this
application, it might be not the best since it will double the size of
the data again.
May be there's a method to directly pack this text data without
"zipping" it.
What else can I do ?

Chris Fulstow

Can you "post" the data in the body of the HTTP request rather than put
it on the querystring?

If you really need to compress the data then take a look at the
System.IO.Compression.GZipStream class

craigkenisston

Chris, thanks for your comments.

But how do I do that programatically ? I was thinking of creating a
simple HttpRequest and send it. But "posting", have no idea with using
this class.

Regards,