how to parse a xml document which has a combination of XML XQuery andXPath

beginner

In my current project i am bit stuck where i dont have any formatted
XML doc but it is a combination of XML XQuery and XPath.
Can I parse a document which has a combination of (XML + XQuery +
Xpath + data) ?
Any reference suggestion or solution is useful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Auro

alex

beginner said:
In my current project i am bit stuck where i dont have any formatted
XML doc but it is a combination of XML XQuery and XPath.
Can I parse a document which has a combination of (XML + XQuery +
Xpath + data) ?
Any reference suggestion or solution is useful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Auro

can you provide an example of a document?

Mike Schilling

beginner said:
In my current project i am bit stuck where i dont have any formatted
XML doc but it is a combination of XML XQuery and XPath.
Can I parse a document which has a combination of (XML + XQuery +
Xpath + data) ?
Any reference suggestion or solution is useful.

I'd be glad to help, but I have no idea what you mean.

beginner

declare namespace n1 = "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/";

let $x := doc('/test/emp.xml')
return
<Value>{$x}</Value>

<Print>
{
for $e in $x//Emp[id=1001]
return
<EmpData>
<Name_of_Emp>
{$e/Emp/text()}
</Name_of_Emp>
<Annual_Income>
{$e/Inc/text()}
</Annual_Income>
<Address>
<City>
{$e/City/text()}
</City>
</Address>
</EmpData>
}
</Print>

See, I can save this as a .xquery document and process the emp.xml
file.... I meant that this document also contains xml elements +
xquery statements.
There is a let-return statement associated with <Value> element....
Again <Print> element has a XQuery statement within its data part...
If I plan to parse this document what will be the best approach..

i think now you can get a better idea of it.

Arne Vajhøj

manticore said:
It is simple XQuery nothing else..

It is not an immeasurable XML document, so what are you encouraging for ?

Arne

'Now, we are getting very close to the truth of the matter here.
Mason Trent Lott [33rd Degree] sees fellow Mason, President
Bill Clinton, in trouble over a silly little thing like Perjury
and Obstruction of Justice.

Since Lott took this pledge to assist a fellow Mason,
"whether he be right or wrong", he is obligated to assistant
Bill Clinton. "whether he be right or wrong".

Furthermore, Bill Clinton is a powerful Illuminist witch, and has
long ago been selected to lead America into the coming
New World Order.

As we noted in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion,
the Plan calls for many scandals to break forth in the previous
types of government, so much so that people are wearied to death
of it all.'

Jeff Higgins

I have given everything here if you can read all the posts i have made
till now. I clearly mentioned also what i want to know, if nobody
knows it then its good but please dont make me say one thing again and
again. If you can do a scan of this thread from top to bottom you can
easily understand what i want to say and how this looks.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a specification
for the textual format of your
(XML + XQuery + Xpath + cesspool)
you might try the free open revenue
JClusterF Parser Generator.

[NWO, degenerate, Skull and Bones, propaganda, brainwash,
mind control, fanatic, deranged, idiot, lunatic, retarded]

"They misunderestimated me."

--- Adolph Bush,
Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

beginner

I am repeating my question again:
Using a XML parser (DOM/SAX or whatever) I can parse any XML document
and process on that, but it needs a well-formed input XML as input..

What if I want to parse a (XML + XQuery + Data) document using
Java...!!!
What I am trying to find out is whether we can parse a document which
has a combination of (XML + XQuery + Xpath + data)...

Coz... here we don't have a formatted XML doc.... But a combination of
all...!!!

Mike Schilling

beginner said:
I am repeating my question again:
Using a XML parser (DOM/SAX or whatever) I can parse any XML
document
and process on that, but it needs a well-formed input XML as input..

What if I want to parse a (XML + XQuery + Data) document using
Java...!!!
What I am trying to find out is whether we can parse a document
which
has a combination of (XML + XQuery + Xpath + data)...

Coz... here we don't have a formatted XML doc.... But a combination
of
all...!!!

I suspect you haven't gotten an answer because no one knows what you
mean. Perhaps you could give an example of what such a beast would
look like.

begineer

I have given everything here if you can read all the posts i have made
till now. I clearly mentioned also what i want to know, if nobody
knows it then its good but please dont make me say one thing again and
again. If you can do a scan of this thread from top to bottom you can
easily understand what i want to say and how this looks.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Higgins

I have given everything here if you can read all the posts i have made
till now. I clearly mentioned also what i want to know, if nobody
knows it then its good but please dont make me say one thing again and
again. If you can do a scan of this thread from top to bottom you can
easily understand what i want to say and how this looks.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a specification
for the textual format of your
(XML + XQuery + Xpath + data)
you might try the free open source
JClusterF Parser Generator.

Lew

begineer said:
I have given everything here if you can read all the posts i have made
till now. I clearly mentioned also what i want to know, if nobody
knows it then its good but please dont make me say one thing again and
again. If you can do a scan of this thread from top to bottom you can
easily understand what i want to say and how this looks.

You have actually stated that you want a XML parser, but permeated only a
fragment of a non-XML file.

Clear as mud.

--
Lew