How to parse this timestamp?

gnu.gcc.help

I've got timestamps in a file that look like:

[19-Aug-2007 07:38:43+216ms NZST]

How can I parse them? I don't see any way to build a strftime()
format string that can handle the +216ms part. The best I can see is
tearing it all apart with a regex, but I'm trying to avoid that pain
if I can.

(PS: I have no clue why google groups thinks it should put
"gnu.gcc.help" on the from line)

Miki

Hello,
[19-Aug-2007 07:38:43+216ms NZST]

How can I parse them?  I don't see any way to build a strftime()
format string that can handle the +216ms part. The best I can see is
tearing it all apart with a regex, but I'm trying to avoid that pain
if I can.

(PS: I have no clue why google groups thinks it should put
"gnu.gcc.help" on the from line)
Just zap the end and use time.strptime:
s = '19-Aug-2007 07:38:43+216ms NZST'
strptime(re.sub("\+\d{3}ms [A-Z]{4}", "", s), "%d-%b-%Y %H:%M:%S") (2007, 8, 19, 7, 38, 43, 6, 231, -1)

HTH,

Diez B. Roggisch

gnu.gcc.help said:
I've got timestamps in a file that look like:

[19-Aug-2007 07:38:43+216ms NZST]

How can I parse them? I don't see any way to build a strftime()
format string that can handle the +216ms part. The best I can see is
tearing it all apart with a regex, but I'm trying to avoid that pain
if I can.

(PS: I have no clue why google groups thinks it should put
"gnu.gcc.help" on the from line)
Then don't use the regexes. Use string.split to separate the string on
the +, then parse the left part with strptime, and usp pytz and
datetime.timedelta to do the rest.

Diez