How to pass a boolean to a stored proc using Cx_Oracle?

Discussion in 'Python' started by JG, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. JG

    JG Guest

    Hi,
    I am using Python 2.4 and cx_Oracle. I have a stored proc that takes two
    arguments. First is an NUMBER, second is a BOOLEAN. How do you call that
    stored procedure?

    After properly extablishing a connection, I have something like this:

    cursor = con.cursor()
    cursor.callproc("testproc",[123,True])

    The problem I have ran into is that I keep getting an error from Oracle
    stating I don't have the variables defined in with the proper type. I
    changed to proc just to test it, so that it would take two numbers. I was
    able to make it run properly.

    So, what is the trick to pass a boolean?

    Thanks,
    joe

    JG, Nov 22, 2006