How to pass a string between ASP pages

bonnie.tangyn

Hello All

Could anyone give me some suggestions on passing a long string between
ASP pages?
I have three asp pages - h_email content.asp, h_process_email.asp and
h_preview_email.asp

In the h_email_content.asp, user can enter their To, CC, From, email
content and other information. In this page, there are two buttons at
the bottom- "preview email" and "send email".

Inside the h_process_email.asp, there are some logics on controlling
email content and sending conditions as well as saving data into
database.

I put a condition in h_process_email.asp for redirecting to
h_preview_email.asp (response.redirect "h_preview_email.asp") if the
user clicks the "email preview" button.

If I want to transfer the email addresses and content from
h_process_email.asp page to h_email_preview page, how can I do it?

P.S I can't change the ASP structures i.e I have to keep them in three
pages.

Cheers
Bon

Mike Brind

[...]

You have a number of options among which are Session variables,
database, text file, hidden form field.

"Can't" change the page structure? Pity. Maintaining the structure
you have devised adds loads of unnecessary complexity IMO.

CJM

You have a number of options among which are Session variables,
database, text file, hidden form field.

"Can't" change the page structure? Pity. Maintaining the structure
you have devised adds loads of unnecessary complexity IMO.

Not forgetting Querystrings...

Bon

The string I need to pass to another page is pretty long. I need to
pass:
- From email address(es)
- To email address(es)
- CC email address(es) [optional]
- whole email content (the email content is extracted from fields in
h_email_content.asp page.

ASP pages flow is:
h_email_content.asp -> h_process_email.asp -> h_email_preview.asp

If I use form hidden field, do I put a hidden field in
h_process_email.asp and put the email content string as a value to the
hidden field? Then, use Request.Form() to get the value in
h_email_preview.asp?

Cheers
Bon

Kyle Peterson 寫é“:

Anthony Jones

[...]

Something confuses me about this. What does h_preview_email.asp return? a
html rendering of the email?
If so why in what way is it materially different from what can already be
seen in h_email_content.asp?
I guess it confuses me that you see the need for a preview at all??