How to pass an Object as parameter in Java Applet

Hiker123

Is it possible to pass an object as a parameter in a Java Appet to a
JavaScript event in an HTML Page ?

For example, I want to have an HTML page with embedded Applet. When
the user interacts with
the applet - I want to trigger an event that is captured as a
subroutine in the JavaScript
create an appet that will pass one parameter to an event in JavaScript
and that one parameter should have properties

Can anyone offer any examples, or references to some web page on how
to do this?

Or - tell me if it is not possible

- Jeff

Arne Vajhøj

Hiker123 said:
Is it possible to pass an object as a parameter in a Java Appet to a
JavaScript event in an HTML Page ?

For example, I want to have an HTML page with embedded Applet. When
the user interacts with
the applet - I want to trigger an event that is captured as a
subroutine in the JavaScript
create an appet that will pass one parameter to an event in JavaScript
and that one parameter should have properties

Can anyone offer any examples, or references to some web page on how
to do this?

Or - tell me if it is not possible

A Java applet can call JavaScript code (if the APPLET tag has the
MAYSCRIPT attribute).

And JavaScript can call the Java applet.

If you let the Java applet call a JavaScript function and
that JavaScript function retrieves the values it need from
the Java applet, then I think you will achieve what you want.

Arne