    Does anyone know how to archive this?

    Thank you!

    , Sep 13, 2007

  2. wrote:
    >I have a java applet program in one web page, ..

    Bad idea.

    >..after processing some
    >data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
    >to that page too.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to archive this?

    // might work, if the browser feels the heck like it..
    applet.getContext().showDocument(URL)

    (And that word is 'achieve', which is quite distinct
    from the meaning of 'archive'.)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 13, 2007

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:41:04 -0000, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I have a java applet program in one web page, after processing some
    >data, I want to the applet to open a new web page and pass parameters
    >to that page too.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to archive this?

    There is no mechanism I know of to pass parameters to an HTML web page
    other than to embed them in that page.

    Getting some help from a servlet may be needed. Your Applet sends the
    parameters back to the servlet which them embeds them in a web page
    and sends it back.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Sep 13, 2007
  4. Real Gagnon Guest

    Real Gagnon, Sep 13, 2007
  5. > "Send a message from an Applet to another Applet on a different page"
    > http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0041.html

    Cool!

    FWIW, if the OP was using Framesets then the original Applet and and
    Javascript variables/functions would still be available to the new page in a
    different Frame.

    Cheers Richard Maher.

    Richard Maher, Sep 14, 2007