    Can anyone point me in the right direction to accomplish this task?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance

    Dave M.
    davem, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Hello davem,

    > I'd like to have a user be able to login on an asp.net 2.0 web page,
    > then redirect them to download some files that reside on an Apache
    > server. The issue I'm having is that I need to be able to pass the
    > user name and password entered by the user on the aspx page to the
    > Apache server. I see at one time would have been able to pass this
    > information embedded in the URL, but this method is no longer
    > supported by IE.
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction to accomplish this task?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance

    You could let the ASP.net app download the files from the apache server and
    let it forward the information to the actual user. That way th euser never
    has to authenticate against the Apache server, solving your problem.

    Another option (which only works if both servers have the same domain e.g.
    files.yourcompany.com and app.yourcompany.com share the yourcompany.com domain)
    is to use cookies to let either server know th euser has authenticated before.

    Probably the easiest way would be to copy the files over to the server running
    ASP.Net and forget about having the apache server at all ;)
    --
    Jesse Houwing
    jesse.houwing at sogeti.nl
    Jesse Houwing, Feb 18, 2008