how to pick up latest file?

dave

Hi there
I wanna write asp code to pick up *.MAI from particular
folder and read them. There is no problem with reading
the file but how can I pick up the latest file from
particular folder?
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanx
Dave

Jeff Cochran

I wanna write asp code to pick up *.MAI from particular
folder and read them. There is no problem with reading
the file but how can I pick up the latest file from
particular folder?

Use the File object, from within a file collection. See:

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/vbscript/quickref/file.html
http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/vbscript/quickref/filescollection.html

Dtae Created or Date Last Modified, depending on what you need. Maybe
drop the entire Files Collection into an array and sort it.

Jeff