    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks in advance!

    Robert
    Rob Vanheuckelom, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Rob Vanheuckelom

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Rob Vanheuckelom" <> wrote:

    >I would like to play a wmv file in html, but not starting with the beginning
    >but starting at a specified point in time.

    Re-encode from the source so that it begins at the right point.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Rob Vanheuckelom wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to play a wmv file in html, but not starting with the beginning
    > but starting at a specified point in time.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Robert

    It's down to looking around for 'command line options' particular to the
    player of the video format, the version of player and whether
    development in command line options has added or changed some of the
    options. Then it's whether you can parse the options to the player
    within HTML, etc.

    I don't know if other players use the WMV format but you could start here.

    <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx>

    There are probably many more issues beyond that but I'm sure other
    posters will enlighten us.

    Richard.
    Richard Brooks, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Rob Vanheuckelom wrote:
    > I would like to play a wmv file in html, but not starting with the beginning
    > but starting at a specified point in time.
    > Can anyone help me?

    Your best option is to re-encode it like Spartacus said. the software to
    do so is free from microsoft. Search for Microsoft media encoder.

    If you don't do that, then use javascript to move to the correct
    position. Google Medaplayer javascript for the exact code. Of course
    the visitor will have to wait until the wmv downloads to that position
    before it can start playing.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Apr 15, 2005