How to play audio clips from Perl on OS X?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kj, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. kj

    kj Guest

    I have a collection of very short audio clips (mostly numbers and
    names of people) that I would like to be able to play entirely from
    within a Perl script running on OS X; i.e. without invoking, e.g.
    iTunes. I would like to be able to play selections of multiple
    clips from this collection in a seamless sequence, without any
    pause at all in between them.

    Any clues on how to do this would be much appreciated.

    TIA!

    kj

    PS: The clips are currently in mp3 form, but I'd be happy to convert
    (or even re-record) them if a different format would make this task
    easier.

    kj, Nov 13, 2007