How to play .vox file in asp page

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SmF3YWhhcg==?= wrote on 15 okt 2007 in
I need to play .vox files using ASP.
Can anyone help me out.

Does your webserver have sound and speakers?

If so, is anyone listening serverside?

Jawahar

Hi thanks,

yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound property but
when i tried to play .vox file by the above method(bgsound=123.vox) it not
working

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SmF3YWhhcg==?= wrote on 15 okt 2007 in
[Please do not toppost on usenet]

[Please do not quote signatures on usenet. on usenet]
yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound
property
No, you cannot do that on a server.

'bgsound' is part of a browser
and browsrs live on clients, not on servers.

The ASP platform only lives on servers.

Anthony Jones

Jawahar said:
Hi thanks,

yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound property but
when i tried to play .vox file by the above method(bgsound=123.vox) it not
working

This can't be done. Unlike .wav files that specify the codec and settings
for the codec as part of the file, vox files do not. Hence to play a vox
file the player needs to 1) know what a vox file is and 2) be told
separately what the sample rate and number channels are.

Even if you can acheive 1) there is no way through CSS to comunicate 2).

Convert the files to .wav or some other well know format.

Jawahar

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for ur comments. Do you know how can we convert .vox file to .wav
file in asp. If so can you please send me the code to me. Its very urgent. i
am expectiing your reply

Anthony Jones

Jawahar said:
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for ur comments. Do you know how can we convert .vox file to .wav
file in asp. If so can you please send me the code to me. Its very urgent. i
am expectiing your reply

No I don't. Have you tried Google: Convert Vox to Wav ?