    Jawahar Guest

    I need to play .vox files using ASP.
    Can anyone help me out.

    Jawahar, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Jawahar

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF3YWhhcg==?= wrote on 15 okt 2007 in

    > I need to play .vox files using ASP.
    > Can anyone help me out.

    Does your webserver have sound and speakers?

    If so, is anyone listening serverside?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 15, 2007

  3. Jawahar

    Jawahar Guest

    Hi thanks,

    yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound property but
    when i tried to play .vox file by the above method(bgsound=123.vox) it not
    working

    Jawahar, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Jawahar

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SmF3YWhhcg==?= wrote on 15 okt 2007 in
    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?SmF3YWhhcg==?= wrote on 15 okt 2007 in
    >>
    >> > I need to play .vox files using ASP.
    >> > Can anyone help me out.

    >> Does your webserver have sound and speakers?
    >>
    >> If so, is anyone listening serverside?

    [Please do not toppost on usenet]

    [Please do not quote signatures on usenet. on usenet]

    > yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound
    > property

    No, you cannot do that on a server.

    'bgsound' is part of a browser
    and browsrs live on clients, not on servers.

    The ASP platform only lives on servers.

    Evertjan., Oct 15, 2007
  5. "Jawahar" <> wrote in message

    > Hi thanks,
    >
    > yes i can able to play .wav file by setting filename in bgsound property

    but
    > when i tried to play .vox file by the above method(bgsound=123.vox) it not
    > working

    This can't be done. Unlike .wav files that specify the codec and settings
    for the codec as part of the file, vox files do not. Hence to play a vox
    file the player needs to 1) know what a vox file is and 2) be told
    separately what the sample rate and number channels are.

    Even if you can acheive 1) there is no way through CSS to comunicate 2).

    Convert the files to .wav or some other well know format.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Oct 15, 2007
  6. Jawahar

    Jawahar Guest

    Hi Anthony,

    Thanks for ur comments. Do you know how can we convert .vox file to .wav
    file in asp. If so can you please send me the code to me. Its very urgent. i
    am expectiing your reply

    Jawahar, Oct 16, 2007
  7. "Jawahar" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Anthony,
    >
    > Thanks for ur comments. Do you know how can we convert .vox file to .wav
    > file in asp. If so can you please send me the code to me. Its very urgent.

    > am expectiing your reply

    No I don't. Have you tried Google: Convert Vox to Wav ?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Oct 16, 2007