How to play wmv video using Lua

Sanjay

Hi All

Does any one have idea how to play video using Lua programming

Thanks
Sanjay

Andrew Tomazos

Hi All

Does any one have idea how to play video using Lua programming

This is a C-specific language forum. Post your question to a Lua
forum.
-Andrew.

Kenny McCormack

This is a C-specific language forum. Post your question to a Lua
forum.
-Andrew.

Of course, if they apply the same standards there as we apply here, they
will tell him that playing video has nothing to do with Lua. It is an
operating system function. Or an extension library. Or something...

See, that's the problem with these redirections. There is no guarantee
that the next place you bump them to is any good, and the poor OP is
left wandering from group to group, posting his question to each, and
being told to move on. It is like when you go to a store and ask for an
"X" and they say "We ain't got no X here". You say, "Where do you think
I could find an X?" They think for maybe a microsecond or two and say
the first thing that pops into their head, which is "Try Harry's". You
go to Harry's and they say "Try Sam's". You go to Sam's and ...

And the fact that the OP knows (or should know) that the people giving
the redirection were perfectly capable of answering the question in the
first place, but chose to stand on ceremony instead, makes it all the
more annoying.

BartC

Of course, if they apply the same standards there as we apply here, they
will tell him that playing video has nothing to do with Lua. It is an
operating system function. Or an extension library. Or something...

In usenet the OP might try posting to computer.language.lua. However this
has only had 6 posts in 3 years (and only half of those about lua) so he
might have a long wait for any sort of reply.

gwowen

Of course, if they apply the same standards there as we apply here, they
will tell him that playing video has nothing to do with Lua.  It is an
operating system function.  Or an extension library.  Or something...

You know, sometimes it's almost as if any time any of the Han thinks
of
some new way to make the same redundant point, a convenient newbie
comes along
and posts a highly-OT question which enables one of his sockpuppets to
make
precisely that point.

That's really jolly fortunate.

YHBT (again)

Andrew Tomazos

Does any one have idea how to play video using Lua programming
Of course, if they apply the same standards there as we apply here, they
will tell him that playing video has nothing to do with Lua.

Actually most scripting languages are glue languages, so they are
quite proud of the fact that you can quickly get all sorts of wacky
things working in them.

It is only the systems programming languages that don't take well to
discussing things that venture to far away from the language spec,
simply because it is much more time consuming to get specific
applications setup and bound.

I'm quite sure the 2000 member Lua users mailing list...

http://www.lua.org/lua-l.html

.... would have no problem pointing the OP at some easy-to-use Lua
video library.
-Andrew.

Andrew Tomazos

You know, sometimes it's almost as if any time any of the Han thinks
of
some new way to make the same redundant point, a convenient newbie
comes along
and posts a highly-OT question which enables one of his sockpuppets to
make
precisely that point.

That's really jolly fortunate.

YHBT (again)

Maybe I am a little slow. Who is the Han? What redundant point? Who
is the sockpuppet? What does YHBT stand for?
-Andrew.

Guest

Maybe I am a little slow.  Who is the Han?

Han from China is a poster to this newsgroup who delight in disrupting
it.
Due to hsis nasty habbits (including forgery) he has been kill-filed
by many of the regulars. comp.lang.c is suffering a bombardment of
forgeries at the moment and han may be behind it.
 What redundant point?

I'm not sure. Perhaps Kenny's habbit of always chiming with basically
the same comment every time someone suggests a post is off-topic.
"How
to play video with lua" seems so obviously off topic in comp.lang.c
only
Kenny could argue the point.
Who is the sockpuppet?

Kenny I guess. I don't agree on this one. Kenny is a trolling idiot
but he clearly lives an independent existence from Han.
What does YHBT stand for?

"You Have Been Trolled". A troll is someone who posts to a newsgroup
only or largly to annoy and/or draw a response. Han and kenny probably
both qualify as trolls. I don't read Han and it's been a while since
Kenny said anything interesting.

Rafael

Sanjay escreveu:
Hi All

Does any one have idea how to play video using Lua programming

Thanks
Sanjay

Find the lua list in http://www.lua.org . You will find all the help you
need there.

In advance, you can't just play wmv directly from lua (it's a scripting
language with no GUI). You can take a look in WxLua (google around).
There is already a working example there.

Regards
Rafael