How to pop up a Download Window

Kumar Saurav

Hi all ,
I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
It would be great help for me.

Thanks In Advance.

Brian Candler

Kumar said:
Hi all ,
I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
It would be great help for me.

This is not a Ruby question, but it's something I was trying to do
recently too.

Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
in IE.

Richard Conroy

This is not a Ruby question, but it's something I was trying to do
recently too.

Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
in IE.

This is a problem I faced recently enough. The proper solution is to set
the appropriate HTTP header. I don't have the reference handy, but it works
for every browser.

The easiest way might be to look at HTTP traffic while doing the download.

regards,
Richard