How to populate other fields from first choice on input form

Flanman

I have an ASP web form that I want to populate fields based on the first
field choice. Example I have 4 fields item, price, delivery, availability. I
have all these items setup in an access table. When a user chooses an option
from the item drop down, the price, delivery, availability will then
populate. I have already made my connection to the database, and created the
drop down for field one from the choices. How do I now populate the
corresponding fields. Any info or helpful links would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony Jones

Flanman said:
I have an ASP web form that I want to populate fields based on the first
field choice. Example I have 4 fields item, price, delivery, availability. I
have all these items setup in an access table. When a user chooses an option
from the item drop down, the price, delivery, availability will then
populate. I have already made my connection to the database, and created the
drop down for field one from the choices. How do I now populate the
corresponding fields. Any info or helpful links would be greatly
appreciated.

Export the details for your products into an XML file to a web folder or
alternatively create an ASP page to generate the products XML dynmically
(although to benefit from client side caching some work with the headers
will be necessary)

Load the URL for the XML into an XML DOM when you page loads. On item
selection lookup the item in the XML and populate the values of the fields
from the XML entry.

Anthony