    web forms project?
    Thank you
    Cezar Mart

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2V6YXI=?=, Mar 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2V6YXI=?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Nope....

    WebForms and WinForms use totally different controls and even programming
    mechanisms....

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    come!)

    Karl Seguin, Mar 15, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2V6YXI=?=

    Derek Harmon Guest

    "Cezar" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I have a quite simple windows form project. It uses one standard form, a
    > couple of simple controls including the tree control, and ADO.NET.
    > Is there a simple automated way to port, or at least try, the project to a
    > web forms project?

    For many simple WinForms controls you should be able to find a ready
    equivalent. However, there is no tree control in ASP.NET 1.x, so that'll
    probably put a damper on your plans. Try checking out third-party tools
    if your user interface needs a tree view.

    The good news is most of your code you've written to manage your data
    in ADO.NET will move right over, but dealing with state management and
    the request/response nature of WebForms are probably going to be a bit
    of a shock, at least initially.

    No, there's really no automated way to por, owing to some of the major
    differences that underpin each platform (Win vs. Web). If you need an
    architecture that targets Win and Web clients equally, then you might want
    to write your user interface to be more data-driven (i.e., get all control
    placement and parameter settings out of the database and dynamically
    add the appropriate control type to the form/page).

    Derek Harmon

    Derek Harmon, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Microsoft of have a Webcontrol set that contains a tree control. This can
    be downloaded from their site. Just FYI.

    Peter Rilling, Mar 15, 2005