    I want to open an IFRAME. The chilld IFRAME need to be scrolled 100px from
    left and 200px from top. This setup needs to be done from the parent frame.
    Is that possbile?

    QA, Sep 8, 2004

  2. QA

    Randy Webb Guest

    QA wrote:

    > I want to open an IFRAME. The chilld IFRAME need to be scrolled 100px from
    > left and 200px from top. This setup needs to be done from the parent frame.
    > Is that possbile?

    Yes, it's possible. Use a hash.

    <iframe src="somePage.html#anchorName"></iframe>

    Then put an anchor in somePage.html where you want it scrolled to.

    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html is preferred to alt.html (or so it
    was last I heard)

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 8, 2004

  3. QA

    QA Guest

    I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
    does not work.

    QA, Sep 9, 2004
  4. QA

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 23:08:54 GMT, QA <> declared in
    alt.html,comp.lang.javascript:

    > I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
    > does not work.

    Do you have permission from the other site to use their page? If not,
    you are in breach of copyright.

    BTW: Please don't post upside down.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

    This will help:

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 9, 2004
  5. QA

    Randy Webb Guest

    QA wrote:
    > I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
    > does not work.

    If you do not have access to the child frame, then you can not script
    it. Its a cross-domain security violation.

    And, as has been pointed out, your newsreader is broken.

    Copyright also comes into play.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Sep 9, 2004
  6. QA

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <1t1dxd3329v6w$>,
    says...
    > > I don't have access to the child frame, as it is a foreign page. Your method
    > > does not work.

    > Do you have permission from the other site to use their page? If not,
    > you are in breach of copyright.

    Could be, there are a lot of variables we don't know. Not having access
    != don't have permission. (Probably does, but we don't know)
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Sep 9, 2004
  7. QA

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:09:38 -0400, WebcastMaker <>
    declared in alt.html,comp.lang.javascript:

    > Could be, there are a lot of variables we don't know.

    Which is why I asked, instead of accusing. :)

    > Not having access
    > != don't have permission. (Probably does, but we don't know)

    Indeed.

    Mark Parnell, Sep 9, 2004