How to post back the data by selecting a value from drop down list

Kuna

Hi All,

I have a problem in populating data by selecting a value from a drop
down list I do not have the sample code for this, so I am extremly
sorry but I can explain my problem.

I have a HTML form and I will convert the form to a .pl (PERL) script.
In the form I have a drop down list which will have the values 1 to 5
to allow me enter that much number of information in some trext fields
like First Name:, Last Name:, Phone Number:. Hence I need the form will
reload after selecting a value from the drop down only it suppose to
generate the fields according to the numbers I had selected. So pease
help me, its urgent for me. I will be grateful to you all.

Thanks in Advance,
Kuna :)

Paul Lalli

Kuna said:
I have a problem in populating data by selecting a value from a drop
down list I do not have the sample code for this

That is nonsensical. If you have a problem that you're currently
working on, you have the code. You say as much later on - that you
"have a HTML form".
, so I am extremly
sorry but I can explain my problem.

I have a HTML form and I will convert the form to a .pl (PERL) script.

HTML cannot be converted to Perl. That is also nonsensical. Do you
mean that the action of the form is a CGI script written in Perl?
In the form I have a drop down list which will have the values 1 to 5
to allow me enter that much number of information in some trext fields
like First Name:, Last Name:, Phone Number:. Hence I need the form will
reload after selecting a value from the drop down only it suppose to
generate the fields according to the numbers I had selected.

This has NOTHING to do with Perl. It has everything to do with HTML
and Javascript. If you want something to happen client-side when you
select an option on the <select> tag, you need to use Javascript.
That's true whether what you want to happen is either A) populate or
manipulate the form inputs directly or B) submit the form to the CGI
script, which will process the posted data and output a new HTML form.
So pease
help me, its urgent for me. I will be grateful to you all.

This kind of notation is likely to get you *less* help, not more. An
urgency for you is a failure to plan on your part, not an emergency on
ours.

To maximize the help you can get from this group, please read the
Posting Guidelines, posted here twice each week.

Paul Lalli

Kuna

Paul said:
[...]

Thanks Paul,

I got your point that we can only use JavaScript for this purpose. I
was new to these so I am not familiar with all those things so I am
sorry again for the less information I had provided. I will must go
through the posting guidelines before posting my next post.

Thanks again,
Kuna :)

Tad McClellan

Kuna said:
I have a problem in populating data by selecting a value from a drop
down list I do not have the sample code for this,

Why not?

So pease
help me, its urgent for me.

I was going to help you, but since it was posted several hours ago,
and it was urgent, you are probably already dead, so there doesn't
seem to be much point.

Kuna

Gunnar said:
That's not what Paul told you.

Actually I just posted some Perl code at

Yeah, you'd better do that. But even more imporant is that you stop
multi-posting: http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html

Hi Gunnar,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was looking for the solution of my
problem with some reliable answer. So I had posted in different forums
in your words multi-posting. I was not really trieng to do any kind of
nonsence things but my requirement makes me to do so. Sorry again to
all my members if I had done any thing wrong.

Thanks again,
Kuna