    data. Is there a way to simply post the page on the server side after
    embedding the encrypted info but adjust some field(s) so that it appears as
    if it came directly from the user (client). Thanks in advance.
    Larry Smith, Jan 16, 2009

  2. On Jan 16, 5:03 pm, "Larry Smith" <_no_spam@_no_spacm.com> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have a page with a button on it and when the user clicks the button on the
    > client side I need to embed some encrypted information in the page on the
    > server side. I then want to post the page to another URL but it should
    > appear as if it came directly from the user himself (not the server). To
    > handle this, I'm currently allowing the page to be returned to the user
    > (with the encrypted info) where an embedded script immediately posts the
    > data. Is there a way to simply post the page on the server side after
    > embedding the encrypted info but adjust some field(s) so that it appears as
    > if it came directly from the user (client). Thanks in advance.

    Hi Larry,

    take a look here http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3645506

    Hope this helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Larry Smith

    Larry Smith Guest

    > Hi Larry,

    > take a look here http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3645506

    > Hope this helps

    I'll take a look but I'm not sure if it gives me what I really need (on
    first glance). It appears helpful though so I'll dig into it. It might lead
    me to what I'm after. Thanks.
    Larry Smith, Jan 16, 2009
  4. Larry Smith wrote:
    > I have a page with a button on it and when the user clicks the button
    > on the client side I need to embed some encrypted information in the
    > page on the server side. I then want to post the page to another URL
    > but it should appear as if it came directly from the user himself
    > (not the server).

    What, you want to spoof the IP address too? Are you trying to get around
    some security measure?

    Andrew
    Andrew Morton, Jan 21, 2009
  5. Larry Smith

    Larry Smith Guest

    >> I have a page with a button on it and when the user clicks the button
    >> on the client side I need to embed some encrypted information in the
    >> page on the server side. I then want to post the page to another URL
    >> but it should appear as if it came directly from the user himself
    >> (not the server).

    > What, you want to spoof the IP address too? Are you trying to get around
    > some security measure?

    Not exactly. The process of returning the page to the client only to run a
    script that immediately posts the page to its intended target is a wasted
    round trip and mechanically clumsy. It also causes a page refresh on the
    client side which is visually confusing. There's a slight delay when the
    user clicks the button and a moment later their page refreshes with my
    encrypted info now embedded (scrolling them back to the top of the page).
    The page then immediately disappears as the user is directed to the target
    URL that my script is sending them to. Hardly a model design.
    Larry Smith, Jan 21, 2009