How to post the data to a new window and control the new window's property?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matt, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    When we submit the form data to another page, we usually do the following:

    <form action="display.asp" method="post"> will submit the form data and open
    display.asp in the current browser

    <form action="display.asp" method="post" target="_blank"> will submit the
    form data
    and open display.asp in a new browser

    Now, what I want is to open display.asp in a new browser, but control the
    window's size,
    and disable the status bar, title bar, and address bar of a new browser.

    If I do this, it can only open a html page, but not post the data to
    display.asp.

    window.open('display.asp', "newWin",
    "scrollbars=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0");

    any ideas? thanks!!

    Matt, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Matt wrote:
    > When we submit the form data to another page, we usually do the
    > following:
    >
    > <form action="display.asp" method="post"> will submit the form data
    > and open display.asp in the current browser
    >
    > <form action="display.asp" method="post" target="_blank"> will submit
    > the form data
    > and open display.asp in a new browser
    >

    > Now, what I want is to open display.asp in a new browser, but control
    > the window's size,
    > and disable the status bar, title bar, and address bar of a new
    > browser.
    >
    > If I do this, it can only open a html page, but not post the data to
    > display.asp.
    >
    > window.open('display.asp', "newWin",
    > "scrollbars=0,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0");
    >
    > any ideas? thanks!!

    Submit to a page that contains client-side code to open an new window.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 22, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message

    > Submit to a page that contains client-side code to open an new window.

    Bob,

    Do you mean <form action="process.asp" method="post" target="_blank"> in the
    current page,

    process.asp, which is a page that contains client-side code to open an new
    window.

    Then it will have 3 windows open. And also how the data transfer from
    process.asp to display.asp? It still has problem.

    Please advise. Thanks!

    Matt, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Matt wrote:
    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Submit to a page that contains client-side code to open an new
    >> window.

    > Bob,
    >
    > Do you mean <form action="process.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
    > in the current page,
    >
    > process.asp, which is a page that contains client-side code to open
    > an new window.
    >
    > Then it will have 3 windows open. And also how the data transfer from
    > process.asp to display.asp? It still has problem.
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks!

    No. Submit to a page that contains client-side code that opens a new window
    (and closes itself).

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"