    by the tool.. what do u think

    thanks
    whizkid

    whizkid, Nov 2, 2004

  2. whizkid

    Tom Verbeure Guest

    > Does anyone know how to preserve the "wire" names in the netlist so
    > that it is wasy for debugging the netlist. I used dont_touch command
    > with net name , but I think this will reduce the logic optimization
    > by the tool.. what do u think

    There's no easy way if you want the best optimization. The signals
    connected to registers are usually preserved, but after that you're
    more or less at the mercy of the synthesis tool. If you absolutely need
    to get some signals preserved, I'm not sure dont_touch will help that
    much. Probably the best way is to bring internal signals to the top as
    output ports and ask DC not to optimize them away if they're not
    connected. I assume there must a flag for this somewhere, though I
    haven't really looked into it.

    We've pretty much given up on even trying to get a nice match and have
    formal equivalence check validate the correctness of the netlist. Yes,
    this makes netlist hacking extremely painful: just try to make sure
    your RTL is correct. :)

    Tom

    Tom Verbeure, Nov 2, 2004