    tags are being used.

    Thanks again...
    , Oct 15, 2006

  2. Nico Schuyt Guest

    wrote:
    > I would like users to be able to copy text from the web page, then be
    > able to paste that text in a word processor, such as MS Word. What I
    > am hoping to accomplish is to allow the font-face and font size mirror
    > that which is on the website. For instance, the website text is Arial
    > 10pt. But when it is pasted into a Word document, that text defaults
    > to the 'Normal' style, Times New Roman 10pt.

    > I know this functionality can be accomplished as I see it across many
    > sites. Problem is I cannot isolate what is allowing this seamless
    > transition from web page to word processor to occur.

    > As an FYI: The site uses CSS for layout and design. No tables or font
    > tags are being used.

    I'm not sure, but try specifying a font-family for the elements only instead
    for body:
    p,td {font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;}
    instead of
    body {font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;}

    --
    Nico Schuyt
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/
    Nico Schuyt, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Don Guest

    wrote in news:1160947440.063796.115220
    @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I would like users to be able to copy text from the web page, then be
    > able to paste that text in a word processor, such as MS Word. What I am
    > hoping to accomplish is to allow the font-face and font size mirror
    > that which is on the website. For instance, the website text is Arial
    > 10pt. But when it is pasted into a Word document, that text defaults to
    > the 'Normal' style, Times New Roman 10pt.
    >
    > I know this functionality can be accomplished as I see it across many
    > sites. Problem is I cannot isolate what is allowing this seamless
    > transition from web page to word processor to occur.
    >
    > As an FYI: The site uses CSS for layout and design. No tables or font
    > tags are being used.
    >
    > Thanks again...

    What browser are you using? FireFox or something similar?

    Try with IE and paste into Ms-Word for effectivensss.
    Copy and pasting from any MS product to any other MS product retains font
    and other settings (most of the bloat contributed to Front Page is the
    result of users copying and pasting from Word and into Front Page.)

    In addition MS-Word has no capability for CSS.
    Their own "styles" when implemented into web pages are a farce beyond
    imagination.
    Don, Oct 17, 2006