how to preset the default font size for a web page?

Michael

Hi,

How can I set my default display font size, type for a web page, or a
I dont want to write <font size=....> everywhere, especially inside each

I know this is HTML question, kindly please help to tell me.

Thanks
Michael

mark | r

<head>
td{font-size:10px;font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;}
</head>

now everything inside a td will have a font size of 10pixels (very small)
the font-family attribute sets the face, note theres three here

mark

CJM

Use CSS. Ideally a LINKed CSS.

Try www.w3schools.com/css/ for a tutorial.

In the CSS, include one of the following definitions:

body { font-size: 85%; }

or

body { font-size: 0.9em; }

or

body { font-size: x-large; }

Notes: You can set the font-size to be x number of pixels but this is bad
from an accessibility point of view. The above options all allow the user to
resize the text using browser settings. In most browsers, using explicit
pixel sizes prevents this.

Also Mac users often see smaller text than Windows users:
http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=05284

hth,

Chris