how to prevent a page refresh to behave like a submit postback?

Carlos

Hi all,

I need to know how to prevent to repeat the operations
that happen when the submit button is clicked, when the
page is refreshed.

I noticed that if I refresh my page after the submit button is clicked,
the event is again activated even though I just refreshed the page,
did not push the button again..

Thanks,

Carlos.

Hans Kesting

Hi all,

I need to know how to prevent to repeat the operations
that happen when the submit button is clicked, when the
page is refreshed.

I noticed that if I refresh my page after the submit button is clicked,
the event is again activated even though I just refreshed the page,
did not push the button again..

Thanks,

Carlos.

What I sometimes use is this: after the submit action has completed,
issue a redirect to the (same) page. This will force an extra
roundtrip, but the browser "forgets" about that post-action (the
submit).

Hans Kesting