How to prevent duplicated entry in array of the hash

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Cyrus, Dec 20, 2006.

  1. Cyrus

    Cyrus Guest

    Hi folks,
    I'm new in this group, I would like to ask all of the Perl experts out
    there, if any one knows how to prevent a duplicated entry in array of
    the hash: here is what I need to do. The script periodically check for
    disk status if there is an error it adds it to array of the hash with
    keys & value, what I need is before it push/append it to the array of
    the hash it check to see if the key & value exists if not then
    push/append it else do other stuff or next
    Thanks in advance & hop I can get an answer from one of you guys..
    Cheers

    Here is a portion of the code:
    my $sh = $c->show_disk();
    foreach my $sys (@sys_arry) {
    foreach my $el (@$sh) {
    if ($el->{'status'} ne "OK")
    {
    # Here I know I should check to see if the keys & value exits
    but don't know how!!
    push @DiskErr, {sys=>$sys, disk=>$el->{'id'},
    status=>$el->{'status'}};
    } else
    {
    print "$sys: Status OK\n";

    Cyrus, Dec 20, 2006

  2. "Cyrus" <> wrote in

    > I'm new in this group, I would like to ask all of the Perl experts out
    > there, if any one knows how to prevent a duplicated entry in array of
    > the hash.

    Now that I see that you have posted the same message four or five times, no
    fish for you: You should have taken your limitations into account before
    you accepted the job. Bye!

    Sinan

    A. Sinan Unur, Dec 20, 2006