How to prevent Page from being timed out?

Sunil Menon

Dear All,
I am creating a Web application that reads large amounts of files
kept in a directory structure on the WebServer...my application calls
a WebService that reads some files and depending upon the query set by
the user populate the data in a tabular format...if the file is large
the WebService takes a long time and I get the error "Application
Server not found"...I guess this is a page time out....I have set my
session timeout to 3600...but the error still comes up...can someone
suggest me a right solution to this problem? Should I
1. Use Asynchronous WebServices? How do I get a notification in my
aspx page on my client side?
2. Should I use Session variable in my WebServices?
3. What does Response.timeout do? will setting a value for this
help?

Please help...

TALIA
Many Regards
Sunil

Sunil Menon

Dear All,
I checked the application.log from the event viewer and found the
following error:
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: <xxx>) was recycled because it was suspected to be
in a
deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending requests in
the
last 180 seconds.

In MDSN help I found some information related to this Q321792...which
asks us to apply the latest .Net Framework service pack...I have done
that but I still get the error...

Is increasing the "executionTimeout" in Machine.config the right
solution then?

Please help...

TALIA
Many Regards