    Anybody can help?
    thx.
    , Apr 11, 2006

  2. opined:

    > hello,everybody
    > I want to print extended ASCII codes in a windows console app.
    > I want to print the chessboard in the console screen,using
    > printf("%c",219)
    > but it appears strange code.
    > Anybody can help?
    > thx.

    There's nothing wrong in what you're doing. If you expected a different
    glyph in the console, your problem is in the code page that it uses.
    You can set that somewhere in Windows. I don't know, and you should
    really ask in one of the M$ groups.

    --
    f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.

    Vladimir S. Oka, Apr 11, 2006

    thx all the same.
    I am sorry,maybe i post it in the wrong group.
    , Apr 11, 2006
  4. opined:

    > thx all the same.
    > I am sorry,maybe i post it in the wrong group.

    Only partly, but you definitely did post this one in the wrong way.

    Please quote context, otherwise it can be impossible to know what
    you're talking about (and to whom). Had I not replied to your OP not
    long ago, I wouldn't have a clue what you're on about. Read the link
    in my sig.

    --
    No problem is insoluble.
    -- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4

    Vladimir S. Oka, Apr 11, 2006