How to program in c with X-desktop

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Sibu, Jan 2, 2007.

  1. Sibu

    Sibu Guest

    Hai everybody,

    I am using unix like systems.

    I have some simple questions.

    Q1. How I can use SQL in my c programs. give me a simple but full code.

    Q2.I am familiar with textmode applications with C but I don't know
    how to write applications in X-desktop using C language ?. What are the
    free tools available?.

    Q3.I heared about Qt, tcl,motif,kde, gtk, etc.. But I don't know how
    to use it. How ? ( I want a simple one.)

    Q4.Is it a bad idea to work with C for applications?.
    Give me suggestions and any other suggestions?.

    Sibu.N.L

    Sibu, Jan 2, 2007

  2. "Sibu" <> writes:
    > Hai everybody,
    >
    > I am using unix like systems.
    >
    > I have some simple questions.
    >
    > Q1. How I can use SQL in my c programs. give me a simple but full code.
    >
    > Q2.I am familiar with textmode applications with C but I don't know
    > how to write applications in X-desktop using C language ?. What are the
    > free tools available?.
    >
    > Q3.I heared about Qt, tcl,motif,kde, gtk, etc.. But I don't know how
    > to use it. How ? ( I want a simple one.)

    None of these questions are topical here, since they deal with things
    that aren't included in the C standard. Try comp.unix.programmer.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Sibu

    CBFalconer Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Sibu" <> writes:

    .... snip ...

    >> Q1. How I can use SQL in my c programs. give me a simple but
    >> full code.
    >>
    >> Q2.I am familiar with textmode applications with C but I don't
    >> know how to write applications in X-desktop using C language ?.
    >> What are the free tools available?.
    >>
    >> Q3.I heared about Qt, tcl,motif,kde, gtk, etc.. But I don't
    >> know how to use it. How ? ( I want a simple one.)

    > None of these questions are topical here, since they deal with
    > things that aren't included in the C standard. Try
    > comp.unix.programmer.

    Or, simpler yet, try RTFM. Ex: info <whatever>

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Jan 2, 2007