How to programatically access Internet shortcut files

Guest

I want to do something which I would think is very simple. I want to
navigate to the Favorites directory, select an internet shortcut file, and
create strings containing the file's name and URL property. What's the
simplest way?

(I've tried using the OpenFileDialog but it seems to lock up with shortcut
files. I've also tried generating FileInfo objects using DirectoryInfo, but
I still can't find a way to get the URL.)

Guest

I want to do something which I would think is very simple. I want to
navigate to the Favorites directory, select an internet shortcut file,
and create strings containing the file's name and URL property.
What's the simplest way?

You'll need a client side object for this - unless you upload the favourite
to the server.

Guest

Actually this is a Winforms program. All on one machine (at least for now.)

I couldn't get a usable response on Winforms so I thought I'd try here.