How to programatically add a text field to a page

desmcc

I know how to programatically add a text field to a web page. What I
don't know is how to adjust the position of any controls below the one
I am adding. (The page layout is grid layout).
There could be 100s of fields positioned below the one I am adding and
I know I can probably update the TOP portion of the style attribute for
each control belwo the one being added but there are so many and this
would take a long time.
Is there any other way I can add my fields to the middle of the page
and have the others still visible when using grid layout?

thanks for any help ;-),
Des.

desmcc

thanks for the reply. Read the interresting article. Steve, if I add a
placeholder control at design time, and at run time I add fields to
this, in grid layout mode, will all controls below this reposition
themselves automatically ?

I can't change the page layout for now, so if I don't use a placeholder
control, I will most likely have to determine the controls below the
ones I am adding and adjust their TOP portion of the style attribute. I
would assume this is not straightforward ?

Given I can't change the page layout for now what option would you
suggest ? Inserting a flow or grid panel sounds good, but Surely the
controls below this would still need repositioned to make space for the
flow/grid panel ?

thanks,
Des.

desmcc

Hi Steve. Thanks for the reply. I read the article and found it very
interesting. Given I can't change the page layout currently, what
option would be available for me to add fields that would mean that any
controls below in the grid layout page would automatically have their
top position updated. Its lookin like I am going to have to do worst
case scenario which is to traverse through all controls and adjust all
top positions of all controls below the one I am adding. Any other
easier suggestions ?

Your article mentions grid/flow panels but I would expect that if I add
one of these the controls below will still have to have their top
positions adjusted by my code ?

thanks,
Des.