How to protect directory in JBoss/Jaas?

pearl146

Hi,

does anybody know how I can protect a directory/file in JBoss/Jaas?

Since I am not very familiar with this, I would appreciate a detailed
description.

There are a few pdf files in a war folder I want to protect. So that
the files can only be accessed with signon.
Then I also want to use single signon to connect the login with a
website.

I'm thankful for any comment.

Manish Pandit

Hi,

does anybody know how I can protect a directory/file in JBoss/Jaas?

Since I am not very familiar with this, I would appreciate a detailed
description.

There are a few pdf files in a war folder I want to protect. So that
the files can only be accessed with signon.
Then I also want to use single signon to connect the login with a
website.

I'm thankful for any comment.

Read up on security constraints in web.xml. Basically you'd need to
define a web-resource-collection associated with a security-
constraint, and then add the role to auth-constraint, so that only the
users with that role can access the resource collection (the folder
containing PDFs..you can configure any URL pattern).

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/webapp/web_xml.html

-cheers,
Manish

[...]

Ok, but where should the web.xml file be placed? In the same folder
where my pdf's are or somewhere in an ear file??? And which other xml
files are necessary (e.g. jboss-web.xml)?
And do I need to configure the login-config.xml file?

Lew

Ok, but where should the web.xml file be placed? In the same folder
where my pdf's are or somewhere in an ear file??? And which other xml
files are necessary (e.g. jboss-web.xml)?
And do I need to configure the login-config.xml file?

JBoss defines its own specific deployment descriptors, the location of which
will be documented in the JBoss instructions. I'm not familiar with JBoss,
but I speculate that jboss-web.xml goes in the same directory as web.xml.
That's where sun-web.xml goes when you run Glassfish.

Standard files like web.xml go where they always go in accordance with the
standard.
<http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnadx.html>